All safety guidelines must be followed by coaches, players, and fans
- Masks must be worn anywhere within six feet of another person: on bench, while on a base, catching, and batting; coaches must wear masks at all times
- Masks are optional anywhere more than six feet of another person: playing in the field/outfield, circling the bases, practicing from a distance
- Hand sanitizer is required before batting; each team will have a bottle by their bench. Participants will share contact with baseballs and bats.
- We will reference guidelines of other local little leagues and Bi-Cultural Hebrew Academy should medical questions or concerns arise.
- Temperature: All participants and coaches will have temperature checks before playing.
- Social distancing: Coaches will encourage six feet of distance between players when possible.
- COVID Testing (Updates coming from City of Stamford in mid-February)
If a coach or player has a pending COVID test, they cannot play
If a coach or player has a positive test (PCR or antigen) they must quarantine for 14 days from that test and cannot play during that time
A coach or player with an immediate family member who lives in house with them who is COVID positive cannot play for 14 days as they must quarantine (their need to get tested is based on current Stamford Department of Public Health guidelines)
A coach or player with a known exposure to someone with COVID should be quarantined per current Stamford Department of Public Health guidelines
FCCJBL will only accept PCR tests. BUT if a coach or player takes a rapid antigen test and is positive, that person is assumed positive and has same quarantine rules for them whether or not the PCR is positive
Instructional (Intro to T-Ball)
- Informal play to learn basics of the game
- Everybody plays in the field and everybody bats
- Everybody practices running the bases to learn about 1st, 2nd, 3rd base and home
- Each batter hits from the tee
- Each batter bats until they hit the ball into the field of play
- Each batter reaches first base safely and will continue on base until they score
- No winning or losing team
- HAVE FUN!
- Games are up to 5 innings with a 1-hour time limit
- Everybody plays in the field and everybody bats every inning
Each player will hit off a T or have their coach throw underhand
Each batter bats until they hit the ball into the field of play
- If a ball is hit into the infield, and no play is made, the hitter stops at first base and the runners advance only one base. If a ball is hit into the outfield, and no play is made, the batter and runners advance until the ball is thrown into the infield. If a runner is less than halfway between bases he/she goes back to the previous base.
- Final batter of the inning clears the bases (everyone on base scores)
- No winning or losing team
- HAVE FUN!
- Game should go 7 innings if time permits
- If tied after 7 innings, extra innings will be played, time permitting
- Game can end in a tie
- Team must have a minimum of 6 players or forfeit the game. The 6 player minimum includes: (1b, 2b, ss, 3b, cf, p). Additional players from the batting team should supplement the fielding team at lf, rf and catcher. Those players playing the field for the other team will hit first in their next inning at the plate.
- In the event of a forfeit, a “choose-up” game will be played instead
- This is a coach pitch league. Each player will be given 3 swings, balls and strikes not called. After 3 swings the player will hit off the T.
- All players must be included in the batting order
- All batters and runners MUST wear a batting helmet.
- A maximum of 9 players on the field. (1b, 2b, ss, 3b, lf, cf, rf, p, c). If a team has more than 10 players in attendance, then free substitution in the field is allowed.
- Rachmanus Rules:
a. If a team scores 6 runs in an inning, the inning is over and next team bats.
b. If a team has a 12 run lead, the game is over. If times permits, the players can continue to scrimmage or practice.
- Player pitching with balls/strikes called by Umpire
- Bunting by the batter is allowed
- A batter throwing the bat is immediately called out
- A batter throwing the bat a second time in a game is ejected from the game
- Catcher must wear catcher’s mask, chest protector and shin guards
- There is no leading. There is no stealing of bases. Runners can move off the base only after the ball has crossed over home plate.
- A play is considered stopped with a “dead ball” only when the ball has been returned to either of: the Pitcher or other player in or around the pitcher’s mound or until an umpire calls a “dead ball” or “timeout”. Until then, the ball is in play and runners are free to advance the bases. When there is a “dead ball”, all runners will be considered safe at their closest base. Any judgment call on placement of runners is at the sole discretion of the umpire.
- Umpires will make all calls. Arguing an Umpire’s call is not allowed by players or coaches (or parents or spectators).
- Use of cleats is allowed but not mandatory. Spikes are prohibited.
- Playing in team shirt and hat
- Coaches are expected to abide by the FCCJBL Coaches Code of Conduct
- HAVE FUN!